Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Enough Already!

Enough already!  This hurricane shit is really getting old.  Hurricane Wilma makes the 2nd hurricane I have sat through and the 3rd hurricane my house has gone through.  Thankfully we had less damage than last year, a lot less actually.  

During the eye of the storm we discovered my mother's car had its rear window smashed in by a flying tree limb.  One of our neighbors had his entire shed ripped apart and thrown into another neighbors house.

According to the weather people most times the back end of a hurricane is not as severe.  Not in this case.  The wind was even stronger than the first half and knocked our satellite dish off the roof.  Not bad considering it didn't even budge during Francis and Jean last year.  Also a few shingles came off but last year every single shingles came off between the two storm's.

The only scary part about the storm was every time there was a wind gust you would literally feel the wall moving from whichever direction the wind was blowing.  During the first half the wall that was getting hit was directly behind my bed.  Every time it would shake my bed.  needless to say I got the hell out of the bed.

I don't know if I was just tired of going through the shit or if that was really happening but I would swear the walls were shaking even more than last time.  So I have decided next time I will not be staying in the house during the storm.  Too much stress and after a house making it through 3 hurricanes I would say that is pushing your luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home