Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Travel

I have not done much traveling in my life but am going to start a month from now. Only traveling really was when moving to Florida from Ohio and going to California for a surgery. Doesn't quite count.

Going on a family Cruise on September 19 for 7 days. Traveling with Royal Caribbean on the Explorer of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean. We have stops in Puerto Rico, St. Marteen, St. Thomas, and the Bahamas.

Have been doing so much reading about cruising in general and the Eastern Caribbean. We ordered the cruise about a month ago and still has about three weeks to go. Whole family is starting to get excited.

Even went so far as to buy tuxedos for the formal nights. Were not as much as I thought they would be. For about twice the price of renting one you can own it. If you wear it just one more time after the cruise it pays for itself. Very good deal.

I plan on writing a daily entry on here for each day of the cruise. Might not have time to do it daily while on the ship but if not will have one long one after returning.

Everything I have heard is that the ship is very accessible but as far as the shore excursions go I am basically screwed. Only one that is accessible through the cruise line. Other than that they suggest taking a cab which is not at all practical in my case. Between the ventilator and my power chair won't work. Even if I did have a fold up wheelchair I would be so uncomfortable it wouldn't be worth my time.

Luckily though in at least 2 (probably 3) there is plenty to do write their off the ship or at least in a short walking distance. In Puerto Rico you are let off directly and old San Juan which has tons of things to see. Plenty of photo opportunities.

Even if there is not much to do in port I hear there is so much to do on the ship that it will more than make up for that. There are people on the same cruise you are on the same ship for the third time in a row. That's has to tell you something about enjoyable cruises are and this particular ship.

Check back to see how the trip went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home